Attraction and Word Of Mouth In A Visit Decision

  • Tri Palupi Robustin STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
Keywords: Attraction, Word Of Mouth, Watu Ulo

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine the partial and simultaneous influence between attractiveness and word of mouth on the decision to visit Watu Ulo Beach in Jember Regency. The purpose of this study is explanatory (explanatory research) and predictions where explanatory research is a type of research that explains the causal relationship between one variable with other variables through hypothesis testing. The research population is tourists visiting Watu Ulo Beach. The sampling technique used is purposive sampling. The analysis used in this study is a multivariate analysis, namely, multiple linear regression analysis consisting entirely of 3 (three) variables. The number of samples in this study was 60 sample members. The results of this study indicate that the attractiveness and word of mouth influence partially and simultaneously on the decision to visit Watu Ulo Beach. The results of the multiple determination coefficient (R2) of 0.558, this means that 55.8% of the visiting decision changes are influenced by the attractiveness and word of mouth variables while the remaining 44.2% is caused by other factors of promotion, service quality, an image of tourist attraction, and others not included in the regression equation created.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

Al-Ababneh, M. (2013). Service Quality and its Impact on Tourist Satisfaction. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, Vol 4, No. 12, 164–177.
Hasan, Ali. 2010. Marketing, Edisi Baru. Yogyakarta : Media Pressindo.
Kotler, Philip. 2007. Manajemen Pemasaran, jilid 1. Edisi Bahasa Indonesia. Jakarta : PT Indeks.
Medlik, S. & Middleton, V.T.C. 1973. Product formulation in tourism. Tourism and Marketing, 13.
Middleton, V. and Clarke, J. 2001. Marketing in Travel and Tourism, 3rd edition, Elsevier.
Mowen, J. C., & Minor, M. 2002. Perilaku konsumen. Jakarta: Erlangga, 90.
Rangkuti, F. 2009. Mengukur Efektivitas Program Promosi & Analisis Kasus Menggunakan SPSS. PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Sangadji, E. M., & Sopiah, S. 2013. Perilaku Konsumen. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Andi.
Sekaran, Uma. 2006. Metode Penelitian untuk Bisnis. Jakarta : Salemba Empat.
Setiyorini, Anis dkk. 2020. Pengaruh Promosi Melalui Media Sosial, Word Of Mouth, Dan Daya Tarik Wista Terhadap Keputusan Berkunjung Wisatawan. Jurnal: Ekonomi, Manajemen Dan Akuntansi. Volume 2 No. 1 April 2018, Halaman 12-17.
Sugiyono. 2009. Metode Penelitian Bisnis. CV. Alfabeta. Bandung.
https://www.indonesia-investments.com/id/bisnis/industri-sektor/pariwisata/item6051. Online. Di akses tanggal 10 februari 2020.
Published
2020-06-30