THE IMPRESSION OF PROFIT QUALITY AGAINST TIMELINESS IN FINANCIAL REPORTING

  • Bambang Tri Wahyuono STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
  • Fetri Setyo Liyundira STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
  • Inud Danis Ikhwan Meranti STAI Darul Ulum Banyuwangi
Keywords: Profitability, Company Size, Timeliness

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of the profitability and size of the company on the timeliness of financial reporting of manufacturing companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange for the period of 2016 - 2018. The data used in this study are secondary, in the form of company annual reports. The number of companies studied was 115 companies within a period of 3 years, resulting in 345 samples. This type of research is quantitative research. Where this study uses data collection methods and processes them then tested to describe the hypotheses that have been set. The selection of a sample is to use certain criteria. Data were analyzed using multiple linear regression. Based on the test results show that the profitability and size of the company significantly influence the timeliness. The test results showed that 7.1% of the variation in timeliness was explained by variations in the independent variables, namely ROA and SIZE. At the same time, the remaining 92.9% is explained by other variables not included in this research model.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

Azhari, F., & Nuryatno, M. (2019). Opini Audit Pemoderasi Pengaruh Profitabilitas, Ukuran Perusahaan, Kepemilikan Institusional, Dan Komite Audit Terhadap Ketepatanwaktuan. Jurnal Ilmiah Akuntansi Dan Bisnis, 19–33. https://doi.org/10.24843/jiab.2019.v14.i01.p03
Baridwan, Z. (2010). Intermediate accounting. Yogyakarta: BPFE.
Bursa Efek Indonesia. 2015. Indonesia Stock Exchange Building. Jakarta
Rudangga, G. I., & Sudiarta, G. M. (2016). Pengaruh Ukuran Perusahaan, Leverage, Dan Profitabilitas Terhadap Nilai Perusahaan. E-Jurnal Manajemen Universitas Udayana, 5(7).
Gunawan, I. (2017). METODE PENELITIAN KUANTITATIF. Teori dan Praktik Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara.
Umar, Husen. (2008). Metode Penelitian Bisnis Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, Kombinasi, dan R&D. CV. ALFABETA. Bandung.
Ikatan Akuntan Indonesia. (2012). Standar akuntansi keuangan. Jakarta. SalembaEmpat.
Kurniawan, A. (2014). Metode Riset Untuk Ekonomi & Bisnis, Penerbit Alfabeta, Bandung.
Liyundira, F. S. (2017). Dan tata kelola perusahaan. 528–539.
Made, N., Oktarini, L., & Wirakusuma, M. G. (2014). Analisis Faktor-Faktor Yang Memengaruhi Ketidaktepatwaktuan Pelaporan Keuangan. E-Jurnal Akuntansi Universitas Udayana, 7(3), 648–662.
Paramita, R. W. D. (2014). Pengaruh Ketepatan Waktu Penyampaian Laporan Keuangan Terhadap Respon Laba Akuntansi. Jurnal WIGA, 4(2), 39–44.
Paramita, R. W. D., & Rizal, Noviansyah. (2018). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Buku ajar Perkuliahan Metodologi Penelitian Bagi Mahasiswa. Azyan Mitra Media. Yogyakarta.
Paramitha, R. W. D. (2014). Timeliness Sebagai Variabel Intervening untuk Pengaruh Ukuran Perusahaan Terhadap Respon Laba. Jurnal WIGA, 4(1), 34–42.
Pramana, A., & Ramantha, W. (2015). Pengaruh Profitabilitas, Umur Perusahaan, Kepemilikan Institusional, Komisaris Independen, Dan Komite Audit Pada Ketepatwaktuan Publikasi Laporan Keuangan Tahunan. E-Jurnal Akuntansi, 10(1), 199–213.
Prihadi, T. (2011). Praktis Memahami Laporan Keuangan sesuai IFRS dan PSAK. Jakarta: PPM Manajemen. Hal:164.
Sugiono. (2008). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif, Kualitatif dan R&D. Cv. ALFABETA. Bandung.
Suryani & Hendryadi. (2015). Metode Riset Kuantitatif : Teori dan Aplikasi pada
www.idx.co.id
Published
2020-01-31